Application Packet Details
Applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in any discipline may apply to the MSU Denver MBA program. All admission decisions will be made by an MBA admissions committee.
Most students are advised to gain two or more years of work experience before applying to the MBA program given that a key part of the experience comes from learning from and networking with fellow students.
Admission to the program is based on the evaluation of the following application materials:
1) One of the following (for questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org):
- GMAT score sent directly from GMAT. Please take the GMAT at least two weeks before the application deadline. MSU Denver's school code is S51-6H-79. For more information on the GMAT and to sign up, visit www.mba.com.
- Official proof of earned graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (see criteria 2, below, for submission details)
- Portfolio documenting at least five years of significant and progressive experience (emailed in .pdf format to email@example.com)
- Please include a brief narrative statement describing your professional experience, emphasizing skills and knowledge gained.
- 3 - 5 supporting items that provide evidence of your experience. This could include work products that you created (i.e., a marketing plan, presentation to the executive team, process document), correspondence that shows your engagement in a project, or letters from a co-worker, client, or manager describing your work experience.
2) Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institutions (can be mailed, address below, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- MSU Denver official transcripts do not need to be requested.
- International transcripts must have an official English translation done by a certified translator (if applicable) and a professional course-by-course evaluation showing equivalency to a U.S. bachelor's degree. World Education Services (www.wes.org) or Education Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org) are recommended professional transcript evaluation service providers.
3) Essay (uploaded through online application)
Submit a well-developed essay that enables the admissions committee to evaluate your readiness and capability for graduate education. Your essay should address:
- the significant factors influencing your decision to pursue a Master of Business Administration degree;
- your relevant strengths, characteristics and professional and leadership experiences;
- your career plans and focus in the MBA program;
- why you believe MSU Denver’s MBA program is best suited for your educational and professional goals; and
- how you will manage the rigorous demands of graduate education.
4) Resume (uploaded through online application)
5) Completed Graduate Admissions Application and $50 non-refundable fee
- Additional documentation is required for international students. Please refer to International Graduate Student Application Checklist
Metropolitan State University of Denver
College of Business Graduate Programs
Campus Box 13A, PO Box 173362
Denver, CO 80217